First rehearsal is Monday August 21st at Rio Americano HS, 4540 American River Drive. If you enter the student parking lot at the corner of American River Dr and Saverien Dr, you will be looking at the new performing arts center. The band room should be on the right side of that building.
If you have registered already, thank you. If you haven't yet registered the fee for the whole year is $110. Pick one of the following ways:
- Walk-in: to the Sunrise Tech Center campus at 7322 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights (corner of Oak and Sunrise). No credit/debit cards accepted on-site.
- Mail-in the attached form. The class section is: 64051.01. Class name is: Sacramento Concert Band.
- Register online here:
Select 'Music' then 'Sacramento Concert Band' and click Register Now!. Ignore all the details about the class (days, location, no class days) they are wrong. It appears that the 'courtesy fee' for using a credit card has been dropped.
- At rehearsal: See Les Corbin.
If you are NOT returning:
We are sorry to hear that, you will be missed. Please reply to this note so we can plan accordingly. Shirts can be returned before or after any regular rehearsal or to:
4507 Northampton Dr
Carmichael, CA 95608
Band Member's Information 2017-2018 Season:
Monday night rehearsals 7:15-9:30pm, 15 minute break at 8:30, snacks provided, please donate for next week's snacks
No rehearsals on:
- September 4 - Labor Day
- December 25 - Christmas
- January 1 - New Years Day
Concerts/performances for the season:
- Our Holiday Concert... details TBA
- Spring Concert... details TBA
- Memorial Day... details TBA
- Carmichael Park BandFest... June 2 or 3, details TBA
(for experimentation and self-education)
This is a paragraph, shown in the Times New Roman font.
This is a paragraph, shown in the Arial font.
This is a paragraph, shown in the Impact font.
NEW: SACRAMENTO CONCERT BAND SHIRT POLICY
- Whenever possible men's and women's sizes will be available.
- The color, fabric and style of the shirt will be decided by the SCB Council members and all others involved.
- All band members officially enrolled in the class are to receive a shirt free of charge.
- Shirts given to band members free of charge are to be returned should a band member leave the ensemble.
- Members may purchase a shirt at a cost set by the SCB Council, in which case the shirt becomes the permanent property of the band member.
- If a change in color, style or design occurs, members should plan to return the shirt for a no cost replacement.
- A shirt that is replaced because of damage or a size change is free of charge the first time. A second replacement will be available at a cost determined by the SCB Council.
- Shirts are to be provided for temporary band members who will be expected to return them.
SCB Band Council & Volunteers Contact List
Here are the Minutes of SCB Council Meetings and other Band business.
The Sacramento Concert Band is a member of the Sacramento Valley Symphonic Band Association and the Association of Concert Bands.
Grant Parker, Director
Jill Somers, Council President
Mark Perry, Website